Sorrento FC Parent Code of Conduct
Adults at all times should be aware of ‘child safe’ guidelines
• Set a good example at all times
• Encourage my child to play by the laws of the game
• Not criticize mistakes (players need to be encouraged to learn by trying things in the game and a fear of failure will stifle creativity)
• Support and encourage all players, including the opposition
• Never publicly criticize my child or other players
• Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities
• Will not question or criticize decisions made by the referees/officials
• Show appreciation of volunteer coaches, officials and administrators (without them, your child could not participate).
• Support my child’s coach
• Recognize that the coaching staff are following a long-term programme of development with my child
• Avoid pressuring the players about winning or losing
• Praise effort to help develop my child’s intrinsic motivation
• Focus on performance (the style of play) rather than winning or losing
• Not coach from the side-line (the only information given to the players should come from the coach)
• Discuss any concerns with the Member Protection Officer about my child’s welfare and development.
Want to Join The Club?
We are always looking for new players who want to work hard and become the best player they can possibly be.
If you are interested in joining the Sorrento FC family, please get in touch.