Sorrento FC Coach Code of Conduct
COACH CODE OF CONDUCT
Coaches must at all times be aware at all times of the FFA ‘child safe’ procedures and
• Respect match officials, referees and rules of the game
• Teach my players to follow the rules, to respect officials and opponents
• Remember children participate for pleasure and that winning is only part of their motivation
• Reward effort and avoid praising talent
• Not to promote a ‘fear of failure’ by ridiculing or yelling at a child for making a mistake
• Be reasonable in my demands on young players’ time, energy and enthusiasm
• Develop the team’s respect for the ability of opponents and for the judgment of officials and opposing coaches
• Report immediately to the Member Protection Officer any complaints that you receive regarding yourself, another coach or team manager
• Be aware of your responsibility in terms of data protection and confidentiality
• Follow the advice of a physician when determining when an injured player is ready to recommence training or playing
• Keep up to date with the latest coaching practices and principles
• Be fully aware of issues regarding the growth and development of children
• Complete the player’s assessment records and undertake the players’ review with parents (where appropriate)
• Maintain and submit all session planners (where appropriate)
• Group players to ensure that training loads are reasonable
• Take long-term approaches in each player’s development
• Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of the players
• That all equipment is prepared ready for use before each session
• Avoid overplaying the more advanced players. All players need and deserve equal time
I agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and full realise that may failure to do so may jeopardize my position.
Want to Join The Club?
We are always looking for new players who want to work hard and become the best player they can possibly be.
If you are interested in joining the Sorrento FC family, please get in touch.